MOLD LEVEL MEASURING SYSTEM
2. THIN SLAB
4. BEAM BLANK
Features and Benefits
- No dangerous radiation, no precautions for protection of health.
- The electromagnetic sensor is fastened directly to the mold top so it does not obstruct operating personnel and/or function of a tubechanger in any way.
- It is possible to use the MLM System signal also for automatic start of casting. The mold level sensor could be assembled and fully tested on the mold in the workshop to save necessary time for mold exchange on the casting machine.
- MLM System measures true molten steel level in the mold regardless thickness of slag or casting powder on surface of molten steel bath.
- The system characteristic does not depend on the steel grade.
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS FOR GOOD PERFORMANCE OF THE VUHZ ELECTROMAGNETIC MOLD LEVEL MEASURING SYSTEM
- Proper fixing of the sensor/sensors on the mold top.
- No handling with ferromagnetic tools in proximity of sensor during automatic mold level control.
- No splashed steel near sensing coils.
- Sufficient flow rate of cooling water that meets technical requirements.
- Good mechanical conditions of the sensors.
- In case that utilizing of MEMS, FC mold or EMBR is intended then any components in the vicinity of the mold level sensor must be made of non-magnetic steel with contents of ferromagnetic phase below 1 %.